- AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology: Detects the input current of the connected devices to maximize both compatibility and charging speed up to 3.4A overall to charge two devices simultaneously ( Output 1: 5V / 1A; Output 2: 5V / 2.4A Max )
- Superior Panel: Built with SUNPOWER solar arrays, solar conversion efficiency up to 21.5%-23.5%, while most panels in the market are only 15% ( The solar panel is meant to be used in emergency and extend the battery life due to its small capacity )
- High Capacity: Built-in 12000mAh high capacity lithium battery and premium microchips with over 500 battery charge cycles
- Rugged Quality: Sophisticated circuit design with overload and short circuit protection to protect your devices
- Package Contents: 1*AUKEY PB-P8 12000mAh Dual Port Solar Charger, 1*3.3FT USB Charging Cable, 1*User Manual, 24 Month Worry-free Warranty
This is one of the nicer solar power banks I’ve used. They normally feel pretty lightweight and relatively cheap, but this one feels solid, durable, and looks pretty smart. The capacity is pretty large, giving you at least 3-4 full charges for a mobile phone, and 1-2 charges for a tablet. It also has two USB ports so you can charge multiple gadgets on the go, and the charging time doesn’t seem to suffer which is extremely handy.
The solar charging isn’t mind blowing, and it’s not going to replace your dependence on the mains, but what it does do is trickle charge the battery, helping to keep it topped up. This is great for those who want to give their battery that little extra life, but also for those who are hiking or heading outdoors. You won’t be able to completely depend on power from the sun, but it will keep the battery going for a fair bit longer.
As mentioned above, this device feels very solid. It has a rubberised grip around the side, to help protect it from shocks and drops. There’s also a torch on the end, in-between the USB ports. It’s nice to have in emergencies, and also comes in handy when trying to plug your phone in in the dark, but don’t expect anything amazing from it as the light is relatively low end.
All in all this is one of the better solar power banks I’ve used, and well worth the money. It’s not going to become your main source of power, but it’s great for those who are heading outdoors or camping.